Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Prokaryotes have a wide range of metabolisms, and this determines where they live.
- They live in a particular habitat because they are able to “eat” whatever is around them.
- Bacteria can live and grow in practically any environment.
- Prokaryote can be classified by their temperature preferences, as shown in the Table below.
- Thermophiles live at relatively high temperatures, above 45°C (113°F) Psychrophiles live in permafrost soils, deep-ocean waters, Arctic and Antarctic glaciers.