Select from the frequently asked questions below
- A chemical reaction is a process that changes some chemical substances into others.
- During a chemical reaction, the reactants are used up to create the products.
- A chemical reaction can be represented by a chemical equation.
- The conservation of matter is reflected in a reaction’s chemical equation and can be seen by looking for the same number of atoms of each element on each side of the arrow.
- The number 2 in front of O2 and H2O shows that two oxygen molecules and two water molecules are involved in the reaction.
Is this statement true or false? The products of a chemical reaction have the same properties as the reactants.