Select from the frequently asked questions below
- digestive system consists of organs that break down food and absorb nutrients.
- Organs of the digestive system are shown in Figure below.
- Most of the organs make up the gastrointestinal tract.
- Other organs involved in digestion include the liver, gall bladder, and pancreas.
- Digestion is the process of breaking down food into components the body can absorb.
- Absorption of nutrients occurs mainly in the small intestine.
- Any remaining matter from food that cannot be digested and absorbed passes into the large intestine as waste.
- The waste later passes out of the body through the anus in theprocess of elimination.