Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Diseases of the endocrine system involve the secretion of too much or not enough hormone.
- When too much hormone is secreted, it is called hypersecretion.
- Hypersecretion by an endocrine gland is often caused by a tumor.
- For example, a tumor of the pituitary gland can causehypersecretion of growth hormone.
- If this occurs in childhood, it results in very long arms and legs and abnormally tall stature by adulthood.
- The condition is commonly known as gigantism.
What does your body use iodine for? What are good sources of iodine? What are some of the problems of iodine deficiency?