Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Charles Darwin published a book on evolution in 1859 titled On the Origin of Species.
- In the book, Darwin stated the theory of evolution by natural selection.
- He also presented a great deal of evidence that evolution occurs.
- As living things evolve, they generally become better suited for their environment.
- This is because they evolve adaptations.
- Evolution explains how living things are changing today and how modern living things have descended from ancient life forms that no longer exist on Earth.
- Some people think that evolution explains how life changed after it first appeared.
- In fact, the theory suggests humans evolved from modern apes.