Select from the frequently asked questions below
- An experiment is a special type of scientific investigation that is performed under controlled conditions, usually in a laboratory.
- An experiment generally tests how one variable is affected by another.
- The affected variable is called the dependent variable.
- The variable that affects the dependent variable is called the independent variable.
- In any experiment, other factors that might affect the dependent variable must be controlled.
What is the manipulated (independent) variable in an experiment in which the size of the wheels is changed and the resulting speed of the skateboard down a ramp is measured?