Select from the frequently asked questions below
- The female reproductive system consists of structures that produce female gametes called eggs and secrete the female sex hormone estrogen.
- Most of the structures are inside the pelvic region of the body.
- The vagina has two major reproductive functions.
- It receives sperm during sexual intercourse, and it provides a passageway for a baby to leave the mother’s body during birth.
- The breasts are not directly involved in reproduction, but they nourish a baby after birth.
- Each breast contains mammary glands, which secrete milk.
- The milk drains into ducts leading to the nipple.