Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Nutrients are substances the body needs for energy, building materials, and control of body processes.
- There are six main classes of nutrients: carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, water, vitamins, and minerals.
- The exact amount of each macronutrient that an individual needs depends on many factors, including gender and age.
- People who do not eat enough of the right foods may need vitamin or mineral supplements.
- Good sources of minerals include leafy vegetables, whole grains, milk, and eggs.