Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Earth formed about 4.5 to 4.6 billion years ago.
- At first, Earth was molten and lacked an atmosphere and oceans.
- Gradually, the atmosphere formed, followed by the oceans.
- Life as we know it could not have survived in such a place.
- How did this fiery hot planet become today's Earth, covered with water and teeming with life?
- The long and incredible story of Earth’s history starts with this section.
- We are not just “dust” We - and our world - are stardust!
What is the timeline of origin of Earth from swirling disk of gas, dust, and debris surrounding the infant Sun?