Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Fungi are a kingdom in the domain Eukarya that includes molds, mushrooms, and yeasts.
- The fungi kingdom may contain more than a million species, but fewer than 100,000 have been identified.
- Fungi spend most of their life cycle in the haploid state.
- They form diploid cells only during sexual reproduction.
- Most fungi live in soil or dead matter, and in symbiotic relationships with plants, animals, or other fungi.
- They are unique in having cell walls made of chitin instead of cellulose.