Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Whenever the skin is broken, it is possible for pathogens to easily enter your body.
- This is the first reaction of the body to tissue damage or infection.
- Chemicals that trigger an inflammatory response attract leukocytes to the site of injury.
- Leukocytes are white blood cells.
- Their role is to fight infections and get rid of debris.
- They may respond with either a nonspecific or a specific defense.
- A specific defense is tailored to a particular pathogen.
- The second line of defense includes the inflammatory response and phagocytosis.