Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Citric acid is also the first product formed in the Krebs cycle, and therefore this acid occurs in the metabolism of virtually all living things.
- The energy stored in pyruvate is transferred to NADH and FADH2, and some ATP is produced.
- High-energy electrons are also released and captured in NADH.
- Carbon dioxide is also released as a waste product of these reactions.
- After the original glucose molecule has been broken down completely, the energy from its chemical bonds has been stored in a total of 16 energy-carrier molecules.