Select from the frequently asked questions below
- The late Precambrian is the time from about 2 billion to half a billion years ago.
- During this long span of time, Earth experienced many dramatic geologic and climatic changes.
- Living things that could not adapt died out.
- They were replaced by organisms that evolved new adaptations.
- These adaptations included sexual reproduction, specialization of cells, and multicellularity.
- This paved the way for a burst of new life, called the Cambrian explosion, during the following Paleozoic Era..