Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Nonvascular plants include mosses, liverworts, and hornworts.
- They are the only plants with a life cycle in which the gametophyte generation is dominant.
- Male reproductive organs, called antheridia (singular, antheridium), produce motile sperm with two flagella.
- Female reproductive organs called archegonia produce eggs.
- In order for fertilization to occur, sperm must swim in a drop of water.
- If fertilization takes place, a zygote develops into a tiny sporophyte.