Select from the frequently asked questions below
- In vascular plants, the sporophyte generation is dominant.
- Sporangia produce spores that develop into tiny, heart-shaped gametophytes.
- Antheridia produce sperm with many cilia; archegonia produce eggs.
- Fertilization occurs when sperm swim to an egg inside an archegonium.
- The resulting zygote develops into an embryo that becomes a new sporophyter plant.
- Then the cycle repeats.
- Create your own cycle diagram to represent the life cycle of a fern.