Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Mendel first experimented with just one characteristic of a pea plant at a time.
- He began with flower color and cross-pollinated purple- and white-flowered parent plants.
- He was surprised by the results.
- This led to his law of segregation.
- This law states that each characteristic is controlled by two factors, which separate and go to different gametes when an organism reproduces.
- It states that there are two factors controlling a given characteristic, one of which dominates the other.