Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Disorders of the nervous system include blood flow problems such as stroke, infections such as meningitis, brain injuries, and degeneration of nervous tissue.
- Alzheimer’s disease is an example of this type of disorder, as is Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, or ALS.
- ALS is also known as Lou Gehrig's disease.
- It leads to a gradual loss of higher brain functions.
- In addition to ALS and Alzheimer's disease, other serious nervous system diseases.
- include multiple sclerosis, Huntington’S disease, and Parkinson’'s.
- These diseases rarely, if ever, occur in young people.