Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Nonvascular plants include liverworts, hornworts and mosses.
- They lack roots, stems, and leaves.
- Mosses are the most similar to vascular plants.
- Liverworts are named for the liver-shaped leaves of some species and Hornworts for their horn-like sporophytes.
- Despite the dominance of vascular plants today, more than 17,000 species of bryophytes still survive.
- They are low-growing, reproduce with spores, and need a moist habitat.
What chromosome does the Ophioglossum reticulatum have when it's in its gametophyte stage of its life cycle?