Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Gregor Mendel is often called the "father of genetics" Mendel uncovered the secrets of heredity, or how parents pass characteristics to their offspring.
- Mendel’s discoveries formed the basis of genetics, the science of Heredity.
- Pea plants are a good choice because they are fast growing and easy to raise.
- The characteristics of pea plants include seed form and color, flower color, pod form and.
- color, placement of pods and flowers on stems, and stem length.
What is the biological process responsible for passing on physical traits from one generation to another?