Select from the frequently asked questions below
- The peripheral nervous system (PNS) consists of all the nervous tissue that lies outside the central nervous system.
- Nerves of the PNS control basic physical functions such as heart rate, breathing, digestion, and sweat production.
- The PNS has two divisions: the sensory division and the motor division.
- The motor division is further divided into the somatic and autonomic nervous systems.
- A reflex is a very rapid motor response that is not directed by the brain.
- In a reflex, nerve impulses travel to and from the spinal cord in a reflex arc.
Explain why a toxin from the skin of the waxy monkey frog might produce a good treatment for some diseases. in your answer, be sure to identify the diseases and the mechanisms by which this toxin could help.