Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Plants live just about everywhere on Earth.
- To live in so many different habitats, they have evolved adaptations that allow them to survive and reproduce under a diversity of conditions.
- All living plants today have terrestrial ancestors, but some plants now live in the water.
- They have had to evolve new adaptations for their watery habitat.
- Plants that are adapted to very dry environments are called xerophytes.
- Their adaptations may help them increase water intake, decrease water loss, or store water when it is available.
When an area that used to be desert got wetter and warmer, which adaptation would be most favorable for a plant?