Select from the frequently asked questions below
- The three major types of plant tissues are dermal, ground, and vascular tissues.
- Epidermal cells secrete a waxy substance called cuticle, which coats, waterproofs, and protects the above-ground parts of plants.
- Ground tissue in stems provides support and may store food or water.
- vascular tissue consists of bundles of xylem and phloem, which transport fluids throughout the plant.
- The lower surfaces of some leaves contain as many as 100,000 stomata per square centimeter.