Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Protozoa generally feed by engulfing and digesting other organisms.
- As consumers, they have various roles in food chains and webs.
- They prey upon other single-celled organisms, such as bacteria.
- Other protozoa are herbivores.
- They graze on algae.
- Still others are decomposers.
- Protozoa are also important food sources for many larger organisms, including insects and worms.
- They are heterotrophs and are capable of moving.
- They can be classified on the basis of how they move.
- Only sporozoa cannot move.