Select from the frequently asked questions below
- The organs of the respiratory system move air into and out of the body.
- In addition to the lungs, these organs include the pharynx,.
- larynx, trachea and bronchi.
- The nose and nasal cavity filter, warm, and moisten the air we inhale.
- Hairs and mucus produced in the nose trap particles in the air and prevent them from reaching the lungs.
- Air passes through thin tissues in the larynX, producing sound.
- Air travels through the lungs to alveoli, the sites of gas exchange.