Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Plants have specialized organs that help them survive and reproduce in a great diversity of habitats.
- Major organs of most plants include roots, stems, and leaves.
- Roots are important organs in all vascular plants.
- Most vascular plants have two types of roots: primary roots that grow downward and secondary roots that branch out to the side.
- Together, all the roots of a plant make up a root system.
- Roots have three major jobs: absorbing water and minerals, anchoring and supporting the plant, and storing food.