Select from the frequently asked questions below
- In many species, animals live together in a close-knit group with other members of their species.
- Such a group is referred to as a society.
- Animals that live in a society are known as social animals.
- They live and work together for the good of the group.
- This is called cooperation.
- For individuals to cooperate, they need to communicate.
- Animals can communicate with sounds, chemicals, or visual cues.
- Animals may compete for territory, water, food, or mates.
- This competition may lead to aggressive behaviors or displays of aggression.