Select from the frequently asked questions below
- The kidneys are a pair of bean-shaped organs just above the waist.
- The function of the kidney is to filter blood and form urine.
- They are part of the urinary system, which also includes the ureters, bladder, and urethra.
- Nephrons are the structural and functional units of the kidneys.
- A single kidney may have more than a million nephrons!
- Each nephron acts as a tiny filtering plant.
- It filters blood and forms urine in the following steps: