Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Water, like carbon, has a special role in living things.
- It is needed by all known forms of life.
- Water’s structure gives it unique properties that help explain why it is vital to all living organisms.
- Water is transparent, which means that light can pass through it.
- Hydrogen bonds cause water to have a relatively high boiling point 100°C.
- Water in its liquid state is needed for all living things to survive.
- The human body is about 70% water, which varies from person to person.