Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Crops need three things for good growth: water, nutrients from the soil, and protection from predators such as insects.
- Water purification uses a number of chemical and physical techniques to remove salts and contaminants that would pollute the soil.
- Nitrogen is extremely important for good crops.
- Infestations of armyworms can do major damage to corn and grain crops.
- Aphids and boll weevils are major predators of cotton crops.
- Failure to control these pests will result in widespread crop damage and financial loss to the farmer.