Select from the frequently asked questions below
- An alloy is a mixture composed of two or more elements, at least one of which is a metal.
- Alloys are commonly used in manufactured items because the properties of these metal mixtures are often superior to a pure metal.
- Bronze is harder than copper and more easily cast.
- Brass is very malleable and its acoustic properties make it useful for musical instruments.
- Steels are widely used in building construction because of their strength, hardness, and resistance to corrosion.
- Most large modern structures like skyscrapers and stadiums are supported by a steel skeleton.