Select from the frequently asked questions below
- An amorphous solid is a solid that lacks an ordered internal structure.
- Amorphous solids include glass, rubber, and plastics.
- Glass is made by cooling a mixture of materials in such a way that it does not crystallize.
- Plastic is used for many purposes because they are inexpensive to produce and do not shatters like glass or ceramic materials.
- Since they are easily disposed of, the accumulation of plastic garbage has become a serious problem.
- Recycling programs that help reuse the plastics are growing in popularity.