Select from the frequently asked questions below
- A change of state occurs whenever matter changes from one state to another.
- Common states of matter on Earth are solid, liquid, and gas.
- Matter may change back and forth between any two of these states.
- Processes involved in changes of state include melting, freezing, sublimation, deposition, condensation, and evaporation.
- Energy is the ability to cause changes in matter, and it is always involved inChanges of state.
- The Figure below shows how matter changes in each of these processes.