Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Two basic types of energy exist: potential energy and kinetic energy.
- Potential energy is stored energy that is ready to go.
- Kinetic energy is energy of motion.
- It causes work to be done through movement.
- Energy is the capacity for doing work or supplying heat.
- Chemical potential energy is the energy stored in the chemical bonds of a substance.
- When you fill your car with gasoline, you are providing it with potential energy.
- A dragster is able to accelerate because of the chemical potential energy of its fuel.