Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Combustion reaction is a reaction in which a substance reacts with oxygen gas, releasing energy in the form of light and heat.
- Combustion reactions must involve O2 as one reactant.
- The products of the combustion of hydrocarbons are carbon dioxide and water.
- The combustion of hydrogen gas produces water vapor.
- The Hindenburg was a hydrogen-filled airship that suffered an accident upon its attempted landing in New Jersey in 1937.
- The hydrogen immediately combusted in a huge fireball, destroying the airship and killing 36 people.