Select from the frequently asked questions below
- The de Broglie wave equations allows calculation of the wavelength of any moving object.
- As the speed of the electron decreases, its wavelength increases.
- An electron that is confined to a particular space around the nucleus of an atom can only move around that atom in such a way that its electron wave “fits” the size of the atom correctly.
- This means that the frequencies of electron waves are quantized.
- Based on the equation, the quantized frequencies means that electrons can only exist in an atom at specific energies.