Select from the frequently asked questions below
- The ancient Greek philosophers did a lot of discussing, with part of their conversations concerning the physical world and its composition.
- Some felt one thing was true while others believed another set of ideas.
- One of these philosophers was Democritus (~460-~370 B.C.
- ), often referred to as the "laughing philosopher" because of his emphasis on cheerfulness.
- We had to wait almost two thousand years before scientists came around to seeing the atom as DemOCritus did.
- The word "atom" comes from the Greek atomos and means "indivisible"