Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Ammonia storage tanks store ammonia at high pressure to minimize the reverse reaction that would lead to less ammonia and more nitrogen and hydrogen.
- Ammonia is used to make methamphetamine, a dangerous drug of abuse.
- Locks and other safety mechanisms built into the tanks help stop the theft of ammonia to be used in this illicit activity.Changing the pressure of an equilibrium system in which gases are involved is also a stress to the system.
- A change in the pressure on a liquid or a solid has a negligible effect.
- We will return again to the equilibrium for the Haber-Bosch process.