Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Chemical reactions either require energy or release energy.
- The amount of energy needed or released depends upon the structure of the molecules that are involved in the reaction.
- Some reactions need to be heated for long periods of time in order for change to take place.
- Other reactions release energy, allowing heat to be given off to the surroundings.
- Energy can be used in a variety of ways, including fuel for cars, trucks, airplanes, trains, and other vehicles.
- The general principle behind these reactions is the release of electrons that can then flow through a circuit.