Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Energy levels are fixed distances from the nucleus of an atom where electrons may be found.
- Electrons are tiny, negatively charged particles in an atom that move around the positive nucleus at the center.
- Energy levels are a little like the steps of a staircase.
- You can stand on one step or another but not in between the steps.
- The same goes for electrons.
- They can occupy one energy level or another but not the space between energy levels.