Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Entropy is a measure of the degree of randomness or disorder of a system.
- Entropy is an easy concept to understand when thinking about everyday situations.
- The entropy of a room that has been recently cleaned and organized is low.
- As time goes by, it likely will become more disordered and thus its entropy will increase.Chemical reactions also tend to proceed in such a way as to increase the total entropy of the system.
- How can you tell if a reaction shows an increase or a decrease in entropy?
- The molecular state of the reactants and products provide certain clues.