Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Chemists are involved in the design and production of new materials.
- Chemists produce materials for electronics, superconducting, textile, and other applications.
- Some of the materials that chemists have helped discover or develop in recent years include polymers, ceramics, adhesives, coatings, and liquid crystals.
- Liquid crystals are used in electronic displays, as in watches and calculators.
- Superconductors are materials that are able to conduct electricity with 100% efficiency, meaning no energy is lost during the electrical transmission.