Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Dimensional analysis is useful to convert from one metric system unit to another.
- The metric system’s many prefixes allow quantities to be expressed in many different units.
- When both the given unit and the desired unit have prefixes, one can first convert to the simple (unprefixed) unit, followed by a conversion to the desired units.
- Some metric conversion problems are most easily solved by breaking them down into more than one step.
- An example will illustrate this method.
- The answer in micrometers is larger than the number of centimeters given.