Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Carbohydrates are monomers and polymers of aldehydes and ketones that have multiple hydroxyl groups attached.
- The term carbohydrate comes from the fact that the majority contain carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen in a ratio of 1:2:1.
- Glucose is abundant in many plant sources and makes up sweetners such as corn sugar or grape sugar.
- Fructose occurs in a great many fruits and is also found in honey.
- Ribose and deoxyribose are two pentoses that are components of the structures of DNA and RNA.