Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Cancer treatment is a complex and challenging effort.
- Cancer cells grow without the usual controls that act on normal cells.
- One approach to treating cancer is to alter the structure of the DNA in order to slow down or stop the growth of the abnormal cells.
- Compounds that structurally resemble the normal building blocks of DNA have been shown to be very effective in stopping some forms of cancer from spreading throughout the body.
- The two primary nucleic acids which are found in cells are deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) and ribonuclei acid (RNA)