Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Oxidation can be defined as the addition of oxygen to a molecule or the removal of hydrogen from a molecule.
- When an alkane is heated in the presence of an appropriate catalyst, it can be oxidized to the corresponding alkene.
- The oxidation of an alcohol can produce either an aldehyde or a ketone.
- Wine that has become oxidized will have an unpleasant vinegary taste due to the production of acetic acid.
- The major industrial source of benzoic acid is the partial oxidation of toluene with oxygen.