Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Scientists tell us that the seat of emotions is in the brain.
- Using PET scans and other techniques, they are looking at specific areas of the brain that process and store information dealing with strong emotions.
- PET scanning is also used in the diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Studies of dopamine action have been helpful in understanding addictive processes.
- The data may help to bring a better understanding to the biochemical processes in drug addiction.
- The information is stored in a computer and can be used to develop a detailed picture of thebrain.