Select from the frequently asked questions below
- A polysaccharide is a complex carbohydrate polymer formed from the linkage of many monosaccharide monomers.
- Starch is the main form of energy storage in plants.
- Amylose and amylopectin are the two most common components of naturally occurring starch.
- Cellulose is the structural component of the cell walls of green plants.
- Roughly 33% of all plant matter is cellulose, and cellulose is indigestible except by a few microorganisms that live in the digestive tracts of cattle and termites.