Select from the frequently asked questions below
- Potential energy diagrams for endothermic and exothermic reactions are described.
- The activation energy (Ea) of a reaction is the barrier that must be overcome for the reactants to be able to become products.
- The total potential energy of the system increases for the endothermic reaction as the system absorbs energy from the surroundings.
- The potential energy decreases for the exothermics as the systems releases energy to the surroundings, as shown in the potential energy diagrams.
- The energy changes that occur during a chemical reaction can be shown in a diagram called a potential energy diagram, or reaction progress curve.