Select from the frequently asked questions below
- The process of protein synthesis is summarized in the diagram below.
- DNA produces an RNA template which directs the amino acids to be introduced into the growing protein chain in the proper sequence.
- Amino acids are added to the growing peptide chain at a rate of about 3-5 amino acids per second.
- A small protein (100-200 amino acids) can be produced in a minute or less.
- The process of amino acid assembly takes place in the ribosome.
- This structure consists of two subunits containing ribosomal RNA that enclose the mRNA.