Select from the frequently asked questions below
- A chemical equation describes a chemical reaction.
- The reaction between zinc and sulfur can be shown in what is called a chemical equation.
- An arrow points from the reactants to the products to indicate the direction of the reaction.
- There are a wide variety of reactions possible: elements may form compounds, compounds may form elements, or compounds may combine, break apart, or rearrange to form new materials.
- The presence of the arrow also indicates that the reaction goes in one direction under the conditions indicated.
- A symbol may be written above or below the arrow to indicate some special circumstance.
- The symbol "Δ" is often used to indicate that the Reaction is to be heated.